Saturday, October 24, 2009

Riley's first swim lesson!

So... I found out about Aqua Tots, a swimming program for little babies. The program is designed to get the babies used to the water, learn how to kick, blow bubbles, hold their breath under water, and lots of other tools. It's held in an indoor heated pool and is limited to only 4 babies per class.

I looked all over Atlanta for a little bitty boy bathing suit, but was out of luck since it is now October and the stores have moved swimwear off the shelves. So, I found a bathing suit that had lightning bolts going down each side on the internet and it arrived the day before Riley's first class!

With Tommy having to practice for the church Christmas pageant every Saturday morning until December, I was looking for something fun to do with Riley during that time. Tommy came to the first swim session so he could be a little involved and I used this to take lots of pictures! Here is a picture of us right before we got in the water! Note that Riley had not been in the water at all (other than a bath) before now!!


Riley's instructor, Ms. Katherine, loved to use Riley as a model for the other babies. He kicked up a storm and did not cry one single time!!



Riley still used his fingers in the pool...


This is the activity where Riley really kicked up a storm! He was so tired that afternoon that he took a two and a half hour nap! Unheard of for a child who only takes 8 minute naps during the day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment